A grill mat is a great appliance that allows you to grill in peace without causing any mess on the grates. Ever had vegetables and meat fall through your grill? – grill matt will prevent that. So basically, it allows your cooker to stay clean. But in order to use it, you must know how to use grill mats first. And we would love to help you learn.
What Is a Grill Mat
Before learning how to use grill mats, it’s important to understand what it is, exactly. Basically, it’s a non-stick mat you need to put on your grill to cook delicate food items. It prevents the food from falling through. Grill mats are flat and long-lasting. Not to mention compact – you can roll them to store, or cut if needed. It’ll let your meat hold the juices to make them tasty and delicious.
What Are Grill Mats Made of?
This product has a cloth covering made of fiberglass. And if you’re wondering – are grill mats safe to use? – then you should know that they have a non-stick coating made of PTFE. so it’s safe on gas, charcoal, and electric grills. Most non-stick parts of the product are made of perfluorooctanoic. Most of these perfluorochemicals are in Teflon, which is the main ingredient in non-stick cookware. Teflon is a name given to man-made chemicals mainly PTFE, which is present in this item.
Key Advantages of Grill Mats
- Convenience: When you know how to use grill mats, the cooking process becomes much more comfortable. The mat will stop your food from falling through the grates, saving you a lot of time cleaning them.
- Hygiene: These are clean and hygienic products that will keep your food safe. For example, when you’re not sure if the grill you’re using is clean you can put the mat on top and just start cooking.
- Ease of use: People often damage their product because they don’t know how to use bbq grill mats. But that only happens with a lack of knowledge. Because anyone who learned how to use grill mats properly will tell you how easy it is. Just put it on top of the grill grates, and you’re all set.
- Ease of clean: You can easily put your grill mat into the dishwasher and you’re all good. Or you can just wash it manually, it won’t take much time.
- Reusability: You can reuse the mats without any hesitation. Just properly wash them with soapy water and you can reuse your grill mat again.
Things to Make on Grill Mats
There are several delicious foods you can make on a grill mat, like:
- Cooking small foods: If you’re aware of how to use grill mats then you’ll know that it is convenient. You’ll be cooking on a clean and big surface. Feel free to toss vegetables, shrimps, and small meat pieces without the fear of the mess.
- Grilling pizza: You can make anything just by putting grill mats on top of the grates. You can even make a pizza if you just own a gas grill. You can put the non-stick sheet on top of it and cook the dough. Then put your favorite toppings and cheese and cook until your pizza’s ready.
- Grilling meats: If it’s a cool and pleasant day, then you can enjoy meals in your backyard. You can cook food by putting on some of the sheets. The food won’t stick, don’t worry. You can make your breakfast eggs, pancakes, bacon, and much more using it!
- Making eggs in a basket: Pretty self-explanatory – you can make eggs in the basket. It’s a delicious recipe where we cut a circle on a piece of bread and gently cook the egg on this circle. Butter both sides of the bread and put it to toast. Then put crack eggs in the center and cook them slowly.
Tips to Use Grill Mats
- Never let the sheet be exposed to over 500 degrees temperature.
- Don’t use utensils with sharp edges as they’ll cut through the sheet.
- Wash the sheet manually, with mild soap.
- Don’t scrub the sheet; it can damage the PTFE coating.
- Don’t make sticky food items on the sheets as it won’t come off easily while cleaning.
- If you’re washing in a dishwasher, put it on the top rack.
- Always take safety precautions.
And that’s about it. Remember, these grilling accessories are safe only when you know how to use grill mats properly, so we hope that now you are more informed and will only reap the benefits of them.