To help you choose the best gas grills under 300, we’ve decided to make a little research and sort out all the essential information and what you need to pay attention to find one!
About 61% of the grills in the USA are gas-powered, and more and more people seem to opt for these types. What is it that makes gas grills so much more popular than other models?
Well, the main reason is the fuel source. Having a gas grill is a lot more convenient – you don’t have to bother yourself with starting a fire, control smoke e.t.c. All it takes is to turn on the gas source, and you’re all good!
Moreover, gas grills are a much cheaper alternative. After all, they don’t require any additional source of fuel, like wood or pellets – you can just use the gas from your domestic supply as a source of fuel.
So we can see why so many people opt for gas grills, but one thing that can hinder their desire to get one is the price. Yes, no denying you may come across pretty pricey models, but if you’re on a budget, that doesn’t mean that you can’t get yourself a good device. In fact, finding the best affordable gas grills under 300 is a lot easier than you might think. You just need to know how to do it.
Top 7 Best Gas Grills Under $300: Comparison Chart
|Number of Burners
|Weber 50060001 Q1000
|189 sq. in.
|20.5 x 27 x 23.5 inches
|400 sq. in.
|24.5 x 42.9 x 44 inches
|610 sq. in.
|54 x 22.5 x 46.5 inches
|472 sq. in.
|24.7 x 20.7 x 15.8 inches
|438 sq. in.
|48 x 28 x 48 inches
|Pit Boss Grills 75275
|276 sq. in.
|23 x 19.5 x 16 inches
|Royal Gourmet SG3001
|443 sq. in.
|48.4 x 21.3 x 41.7 inches
Is it Possible to Buy a Good Quality Gas Grill for 300 Dollars?
Well, yes, buying a gas grill at this price is absolutely possible! While you may not have a huge selection of fancy features, what’s most important is the fact that these grills do their job perfectly, and offer the highest quality.
How to Choose the Best Gas Grill Under 300?
To choose the BBQ grill under 300 of only the highest quality, you need to pay attention to:
BTU Level or Heat Flux
BTU or British Thermal Unit is a unit for measuring the amount of heat required to raise the temperature of 1 pound of water at its greatest density by 1°F. The BTU rating is a very important deciding factor of the time required to grill the meat when placed on the cooking surface.
The ratio of BTU per square inch of the cooking surface is known as the heat flux. An optimum balance between the cooking space and the BTU rating is essential since it ensures that you get quick results while grilling. And if you want more cooking space, gas grills under $500 with a high BTU rating will be the perfect choice for you! Also, apart from the BTU and heat flux, you must cook food at a safe temperature. For instance, meat should always be cooked at a temperature ranging from 145° to 170°F.
Choose the size according to how much free space you have.
So if you live in an apartment with a small balcony or a compact patio space, then a small propane grill under 300 will be the best for you. It fits almost everywhere and cooks great quality meat!
Cooking Size Area and Number of Burners
The cooking space depends on how much grilling you want to do at a time. If you are planning to cook just for your family, then a 300 square inches gas grill under $300 will be enough for you. For huge gatherings, we would recommend investing in a 450 to 500 square inches BBQ.
A small and cheap BBQ with less than 4 burners will allow you to cook 15 to 18 burgers at a time. Larger grills with more than 5 burners will allow you to cook around 20 to 30 burgers at once. Therefore, choose as per your needs!
Grill Grates Material
- Porcelain-enameled cast-iron: This material can retain heat for a long time. So if you want a bold sear mark, this is the perfect material for you.
- Stainless steel: There’s a reason why so many high-quality devices are made of stainless steel: because this is one of the most sturdy and durable materials out there. Choosing the best gas grill under 300 made of stainless steel is an amazing and worthwhile purchase since it will be safe from corrosion, temperatures and will serve you well for many years.
- Porcelain-enameled steel: This is a very sleek and good-looking material that will help you clean your gas grill a lot faster and easier.
If you If you are planning to travel and take your grill with you, then you need to have a portable BBQ. Thus, you need to make sure that such the best gas grills under 300 is small, has a good cleanout system, and fast heating.
- Shelves and storage space: It is always better to buy an inexpensive BBQ that has enough storage space to accommodate the cooking essentials.
- Automatic ignition: This feature helps you turn on the burner faster. Also, it will save you from carrying a lighter everywhere.
- Quality lid: The lid of the gas grill under $300 must be good enough to prevent heat escape.
- Flame tamers: The flame tamer must be made of stainless steel or porcelain steel. Steel tamers are durable and easy to clean.
- Side burners, rotisserie, and warming rack: These features will make the grilling process hassle-free and also help you keep the food warm for a long time.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the Important Tips for Using Gas Grills?
Of course, we couldn’t forget to include some basic safety tips in our gas grills under 300 reviews! Remember, always make sure to:
- If you’re using propane gas, make sure to check for leaks as per the information provided in the manufacturer’s guide.
- Replace the tanks after they run out of propane.
- Allow all parts of the BBQ to cool down before covering it.
How to Maintain the BBQ?
You can easily maintain the best grill under 300 by following the tips below:
- The housing of the equipment must be cleaned before each use.
- Also, clean the burners and tubes as per the manufacturer’s guide.
- Pay attention to the proper cleaning of the grates and briquettes.
- Keep an eye on the fuel content of the BBQ.
Can a BBQ be Used Indoors?
We would recommend you to not use an outdoor propane BBQ indoors. That is because propane releases carbon monoxide which is not good for health. You must also keep the propane tank outside and place the grill in a well-ventilated room while cooking.
What is the Durability of a Gas Grill?
According to the gas grills under 300 reviews, most of them last for around 5 to 10 years. It depends a lot on the maintenance as well. Therefore, make sure you clean, oil, and cover the parts well to increase the durability.
Verdict and Recommendations 2023
As you can see, finding the best gas grills under 300 is rather easy, when you remember essential tips. One of the first things you need to do is to determine what size you need, according to how much space you have. Moreover, you need to make sure that you pay attention to the BTU level and how much much cooking space you need.
And that’s pretty much it folks! Keep in mind these factors, and we’re certain that you’ll pick only the best gas grills under 300 2023 in no time! So best of luck and let us know which model you think is the best and why?