Dried foods are great, wouldn’t you agree? After all, there’s nothing quite as delicious as an extra crunchy piece of fried chicken, hot out of the fryer. And besides, studies show that drying foods are one of the best ways to preserve them, so nothing is stopping you from using this method.
However, to enjoy this delicious food, it’s essential to pick only the top-rated deep fryer. This device will help you achieve that delicious crunchy fried meal – fast and without any extra work.
But to choose the best deep fryer for home, you have to know what to pay attention to, and we’ll help you learn what.
Top 7 Best Deep Fryers: Comparison Table
|T-Fal||1700 Watts||2.65 pounds||Yes||No||18.30 x 13.70 x 14.80 inches||12.4 lbs|
|Cuisinart||1500 Watts||1.3 pounds||Yes||Yes||10.25 x 14.25 x 11.88 inches||5 lbs|
|Delonghi||1500 Watts||2.2 pounds||Yes||Yes||12.2 x 9.45 x 14.17 inches||8.64 lbs|
|Hamilton Beach||1500 Watts||3.3 pounds||Yes||No||13.13 x 11.38 x 8.58 inches||8.68 lbs|
|Presto||1500 Watts||4 pounds||Yes||No||15 x 10 x 9 inches||7 lbs|
|Masterbuilt||1650 Watts||20 pounds||Yes||Yes||18.5 x 21.5 x 18 inches||26.1 lbs|
|Char-Broil||n/a||16 pounds||Yes||Yes||16.00 x 16.00 x 24.50 inches||29.9 lbs|
Best Overall: T-fal FR8000 Deep Fryer
T fal deep fryer is considered one of the best on the market because it has 1,700 watts of power and a capacity of 3.5 liters. Here you will find a stainless steel pot that has a non-stick coating, making it convenient to wash and a basket that is made of stainless steel.
Thanks to this top rated deep fryer, you can cook quickly, because there is a high-quality submersible heating element that warms up fast.
There is a patented oil filtration system, which will save you from unpleasant odors. Extra convenience in the presence of an oil drain system, due to which excess oil is removed.
You will also find an adjustable thermostat, a viewing window, a large handle Stay Cool, which is convenient when lifting hot food. All parts of the Tefal deep fryer are removable, and you can wash them in the dishwasher.
- Quick work
- Temperature regulator
- Oil filtration system
- Dishwasher safe
- Delicious food
- Can cook large portions
- Powerful and capacious
- Small basket
- Oil container can leak
Best Quality Bowl: Cuisinart CDF-130 Deep Fryer
If you are looking for a small but fast and powerful unit, pay attention to this model.
The main advantage of Cuisinart deep fryer is the use of oil in much smaller quantities than other positions on the market. In addition, here is the high-quality non-stick cast bowl, which has a high quality-heating element. These aspects bring the food to the ideal, and any gourmet will enjoy its taste.
This device will notify you of sufficient heating of oil, and a secure lid prevents the leakage of oil.
It should be noted that this deep fryer has stable and resistant legs for stability on the table. If you have problems with this device, you can easily unplug its cord.
- Great for two people
- Quick work
- High-quality non-stick bowl
- Very tasty food
- 1-year warranty from the manufacturer
- Easy to clean and wash
- Not suitable for a large company
- Some deep fryer reviews tell that food is not crispy enough
Best for Rotating Basket: Delonghi D28313UXBK Deep Fryer
This best home deep fryer provides even cooking thanks to a rotating basket. It has a power of 1500 watts.
This unit is distinguished by the presence of the patented Easy clean oil purification system, which can be brought out thanks to a special hose.
Here you will also find an adjustable thermostat and timer. As for the oil filtration system, two filters provide dual filtration. If we talk about protection, a condensation system prevents droplets from falling on the power cord.
- Non-Stick Pot
- Uses little oil
- Adjustable thermostat and timer
- Rotating basket
- Fast heating
- Fry food well
- This best rated deep fryer is not suitable for large portions
Best Cool Touch Exterior: Hamilton Beach 35021 Electric Deep Fryer
If you are a fan of fries, then this best home deep fryer is what you need. Here you find the perfect heating element, which provides quick heating of the oil. As a result, cooking time is decreased.
Hamilton deep fryer is the perfect device for making wonderful fries, crispy chicken and vegetables.
It is worth noting that this device has a cool touch side with the lid closed. This ensures that you do not burn your hands.
- Cooks excellent fries
- Cool Touch exterior
- Good heating element
- Great for two persons
- Quality materials
- Food can be loaded with the lid closed
- Easy to care and clean
- Not suitable for a large family or company
- Lack of timer and oil filtration system
Best for a Big Company: Presto 05442 Cooldaddy Deep Fryer
If you want to buy the deep fryer that can cook the amount of food for a small company of people, pay attention to this device.
Presto can cook meals for six people; moreover, it is two basket deep fryer – you can prepare up to two portions at a time! Another convenience is that you can make a variety of foods: from fries to chicken, beef ribs and vegetables. Like Hamilton Beach, this unit has a Cool touch exterior.
To immerse products in oil safely, there is a convenient basket and handle. This device has a special window to observe the cooking process.
There is also a thermostat that allows you to control the temperature and indicator that lights up when you plug the unit into the network.
Another additional advantage is the compactness and stylish design of this top-rated deep fryer. This device has a non-stick coating, and it is easy to clean.
- Spacious basket
- Cool touch exterior
- Perfect for family or company up to 6 people
- Convenient lid and handle
- Quality thermostat
- Window to view
- No timer
- Not suitable for the dishwasher
Best for Big Holidays: Masterbuilt 23011114 Electric XL Turkey Fryer
Another deep fryer that is suitable for a large group of people. You will appreciate the abilities of this unit when you can roast a big turkey in it for Christmas or Thanksgiving.
It is quite powerful and durable. The body is made of steel, the porcelain pot, and the basket is aluminum. On the basket, a special clip helps to get it easily.
This deep fryer for sale has a double thermostat that controls the temperature and prevents overheating. In addition, a timer here will let you know that the device has finished cooking.
There is an oil drain valve, and this model is easy to clean.
- Solid and durable
- Uniform heat distribution
- Quick work
- Great for turkey
- Quality materials
- Too bulky
- Short power cord
Most Versatile: Char-Broil the Big Easy Fryer
This gas unit can be considered the most versatile. With this device, you can cook chicken, beef, lamb, turkey, vegetables and more. This deep fryer is so great that you will want to use it all year round.
This option will evenly cook your food, retain a great taste and make it crisp. In addition, it is easy to clean and wash it. It is safe, there is a cool sensory handle, and the gas burners are completely closed.
You will find here a meat thermometer, cooking instructions and a pan for oil.
- Great for a big family and a big company
- Cooks without oil
- You can cook a huge range of products
- Great food quality
- It does not work well in extreme weather conditions
- Need to buy a tank for propane
Benefits of Having the Home Deep Fryer
- Safety: Using a fryer is much safer than using a saucepan on the top shelf of the oven. That way, you won’t have to worry that oil will be everywhere, as it is protected by a deep fryer pocket. It also allows you not to worry about burns or children accidentally touching the hot oil. But you still need to follow safety guidelines to exclude possible troubles.
- Saving your pots: The pan is not intended for deep-frying, and using it to perform this task regularly will quickly ruin it. So having the best deep fryer will not only save you some pots, but it’s also the only correct way to deep fry the food, so you can be sure that it will be a lot easier.
- The best quality of the dishes: With the best home deep fryer, you can always get the best quality for any food you cook. It will not only cook more evenly, but the taste will be much better.
- Quick cooking time: If you do not like to spend all day in the kitchen making fries, then using the deep fryer will help you. Such devices will cook all your favorite dishes in a short amount of time, so there are no delays in preparing and serving dinner (or lunch). So let’s take a look at the approximate cooking times for some dishes (according to the United States Department of Agriculture).
|Food||Cooking time||Oil temperature|
|Chicken pieces||13-20 minutes||375 °F|
|Chicken fingers||6-8 minutes||350 °F|
|Turkey||3 to 5 minutes per pound||375 °F|
|Fish fillets||3-5 minutes||320 °F|
|Shrimps||4-6 minutes||320 °F|
- Easy to use: The deep fryer is very simple and easy to use, so you will not be disappointed when you use it in the cooking process.
Main Criterias for Choosing the Deep Fryer
- Case: It is better to choose a case, made of stainless steel, not heat-resistant plastic.
- Bowl: When it has rounded edges, it will be much easier to wash it. The bowl can be aluminum or stainless steel; it can have an enameled surface or a non-stick coating. For household appliances, the capacity of the bowl is from 1.2 to 4 liters. Plus, it is convenient when the bowl is removable, and there is a viewing window on the lid.
- Basket: If it is made of stainless steel, it increases its service life and makes it easier to care for. Basket handles must be made of heat-resistant material.
- A heating element: It can be closed type or open type; the latter is usually used in cheap models.
- Oil filters: To prevent the smell of food from entering the room, you need to make sure that a stationary metal filter is installed. And you must also clean it from time to time and replace carbon filters from time to time. However, you can also opt for paper filters.
- Power: The higher it is, the faster the oil will heat up and the greater will be the volume of the bowl. If the bowl of the device is designed for 1 liter of oil, then a power of 1200W. And if the capacity is 3-4 liters of oil, then 2200W would be enough.
- Food capacity: You need to choose the best electric deep fryer according to how much food you usually cook.
- Safety features: Until the lid is closed, you will not be able to turn on the unit. The walls of the home deep fryer do not heat up during its work. The presence of the timer and automatic shutdown will not allow the device to work longer than the specified time.
- Temperature controller and timer: Usually, you can adjust the temperature of heating oil in the range from 190 to 370 degrees. The timer will allow you to set the required frying time. Plus, the temperature can be regulated smoothly or have several preset modes.
- Thermostat: This element allows you to maintain the temperature of the oil in a given temperature range.
- Crane for draining oil: This is convenient when the volume of the bowl is more than 8 liters. Often, such units are equipped with an automatic oil drain system.
- Warranty: The manufacturer has to provide a solid warranty period in case of the device’s breakage.
What Are The Deep Fryers Types?
There are a lot of deep fryers in the market. So when you’re looking for the best home fryers, then first you need to understand what type is the one for you.
Electric Deep Fryer
An electric deep fryer is the most common type of indoor deep fryer. It’s powered by an electric source. Most of the fryers come in small sizes, not enough to fit a whole, big turkey. If you prefer to buy a larger one, you will have to spend a bit more money and buy a more expensive model, ranging from $100-$200.
This is a great deep fryer for fish, and it can also use it to deep fry foods like vegetables, due to their smaller size.
Features and Benefits
- Has temperature controls
- Automatic raise and lower
- Available in smaller sizes with an affordable price range of $30 to $50
- Much safer than a gas fryer
- It’s the best home fryer because it can be used indoors
Keep in Mind
- It’s available in larger sizes, which can cost more (ranging from $100 to $200)
- Produces a smell that will be filled inside the fryer
Overall Pros and Cons
|• Easy to use|
• Has a lid to control and minimize the splattering of oil.
|• It can be dangerous if electricity-related issues occur|
Propane Deep Fryer
This one is powered by liquid propane, and they are usually a popular choice among chefs. That is because this fryer makes your food a lot crispier and delicious. However do keep in mind that this deep fryer uses propane as the source, so you have to be more cautious with it. And for safety purposes, propane can only be used outdoors.
Features and Benefits
- Has a propane tank
- Produces tastier foods
- Heats up oil much faster
Keep in Mind
- Should not be used indoors
- Can be hazardous
Overall Pros and Cons
|• Makes food crispier and tastier||• Can be tiresome to refill the propane tank|
One important thing you must know about an air fryer is that it’s not a deep fryer. Unlike deep fryers that use oil, this type uses hot air to cook. However, this method is what makes the food juicy on the inside and crispier on the outside.
Air fryers tend to be a bit pricier, but they don’t leave any oil leftovers on the inside and give you very delicious food.
Features and Benefits
- Automatic shut off
- Controlled timing
- Easier to clean
- Healthier than oil frying (if model is oilless)
Keep in Mind
- This type of fryers is expensive
- Food is air fried and not deep-fried
Overall Pros and Cons
|• Air fried food is healthier|
• Safer and more comfortable to clean
|• Food cooked takes longer to be ready|
Most Popular Deep Fryer Brands
Of course, it’s always a better idea to choose the best deep fryer from a popular and reputable brand, since they offer better quality products and have more user feedback that you can check out and decide.
This brand is known for making small deep fryers at a moderate price. Apart from having good customer reviews, this fryer is suitable for making smaller-sized foods like vegetables.
T-Fal deals in electric deep fryers that come in almost all types and sizes. Most customers say that it makes food tastier, and only a few complained about the smell that sometimes comes when frying.
This brand makes propane deep fryers and related accessories. And a lot of people are very satisfied with how well it cooks food, especially for such an affordable price.
This one is among the most popular brands for propane deep fryers. It’s suitable for outdoor cooking and also produces foods with the desired taste.
Deep Fryer Accessories You May Need
- Deep Fryer Baskets: Most deep fryers come with baskets used to pull the food in and out of the oil. Some are two basket deep fryers, while
- Deep fryer baskets: Most deep fryers come with baskets used to pull the food in and out of the oil. While usually there is one basket, you can always look for two basket deep fryers, if needed.
- Thermometer: To help control the temperature for best results.
- Propane burner: This is the source of heat.
- Cooking oil pump: Acts as a drainage system, where oil is removed from the fryer to a container.
Overall, the deep fryer is a must-have for any fan of fries and fried dishes. However, before you choose, you must pay very close attention to details – first determine what type you need, and then keep in mind all the aspects that make the best deep fryer: examine all the characteristics like capacity, quality of bowl, and a basket, security, and filters. And in the process of our investigation, we’ve determined that the best deep fryer in our rating is T-Fal FR8000 Oil Filtration Ultimate EZ Clean Immersion Deep Fryer. That is because it provides great quality dishes, very durable, and will serve you well for years to come.
So with that said, we sincerely hope that our deep fryer reviews will help you choose only the best deep fryer 2021! Best of luck, and feel free to let us know which deep fryer you think is the best! Have you had some experience with one of these brands?