Cooking can be really fun and exciting, especially when it’s done outdoors. And if you are a foodie, who loves to enjoy outdoor cooking with top-rated charcoal grill under 200 — then this article is definitely for you!
Here, we are going to be telling you about best charcoal grill that are below $200, how you can get the maximum benefits from any cheap charcoal grill, and the brands and products you should pay adequate attention to.
Buyer’s guide: Best Charcoal Grill Under 200
Having a charcoal grill as part of your kitchen appliances is absolutely the best decision that you can ever make. Aside from the amazing flavor and aroma you get from using a grill, it also helps you prepare healthy meals due to the less amount of cooking oil it requires. And the great part of it is that you can get the best charcoal grill for a cheap price that is way below 200.
Why choose charcoal grill?
A charcoal grill should be one of your foremost cooking equipment because of the diverse benefits it offers. Apart from the fact that you will be united with nature, as you bask in the euphoria of the nice summer weather while grilling your favorite dish— charcoal grills are also quite inexpensive and very affordable, as they come in different shapes, sizes, and quality.
You should also consider choosing or owning one because of the healthy food you can prepare with it. Unlike frying, grilling is one of the healthiest ways of preparing your food; it will save you from consuming excessive fats to help reduce your cholesterol level. And with this detailed charcoal grill buying guide, you have the opportunity to enjoy healthy and delicious meals outdoors while having a nice time with your family and friends.
Charcoal grills under 200: upsides & downsides
Like the popular aphorism goes: “Whatever has its good sides also has its downsides”. And charcoal grills are no exception. Even though you can get the best budget charcoal grill, at a very low rate, it can also come with some upsides and downsides—and we shall be exposing you to a handful of them.
Upsides of charcoal grills
- Charcoal grills are super easy and convenient to use
- They are portable and can be carried anywhere
- Unlike wood, charcoal burns hotter and emits less dangerous chemicals
- They make it easy for you to sear your steaks or barbeque with the best results; this is because charcoals can reach a very high temperature
- They give your food the best flavor; makes it taste great and extra delicious
Downsides of charcoal grills
- Charcoal grills are not consistent during the heating process, and could cool off after a while—and could require you to top it up. Hence, you need a digital thermometer to help you keep the temperature in check. And some of the best charcoal grills under 200 come with a digital thermometer
- Charcoal grills can be difficult to light if one has no knowledge of how to light a charcoal
- Charcoal can be really messy due to the ashes they eventually become— this makes it require extra care while cleaning
- When oil drips from steaks at the time of grilling, it can flare-up and easily burn your food if extra care is not taken
- You might be unable to control cooking temperature with charcoal grills, as opposed to gas grills
- Charcoal has a pretty high risk of fire outbreak if proper precautions are not taken
Things to consider when choosing a charcoal grill under 200
The charcoal grill comes in different designs, and shapes. Some have amazing interiors that could accommodate a large chunk of steak, and others come with wheels that enable easy mobility. So, the design some charcoal grills under 200 have, will go a long way in helping you get the best grills under 200.
Size & portability
Another thing you need to consider is the size and portability of the grill. If you are the type who loves to go for picnics and camping trips, then you need to go for a grill that fits the size you want and can be moved easily from one place to another. A portable grill enables easy mobility.
Temperature regulation & heat distribution
Having a charcoal grill under 200 with airflow control and dampers will help monitor your grill’s heat distribution and keep the temperature in check to avoid burning your food.
The life span and functionality of the charcoal grill is something you should equally put into consideration. Having a grill that can stand the test of time—come rain, come shine— is one of the things you must consider before picking one. Don’t be swayed by the beauty—pay adequate attention to functionality.
Which charcoal to use in a grill under 200
Two distinct types of charcoal can be used for any inexpensive charcoal grill. And in this charcoal grill under 200 review, we shall be explaining them to you in detail. The two coals are:
- Lump hardwood. This is the most commonly used natural charcoal. It burns hotter, cleaner, quicker, and contains less ash after burning. It’s also very cheap and won’t cost you much to get.
- Briquettes. This type of charcoal is made from crushed leftover charcoal and is usually bound with cornstarch and different varieties of fillers, and such fillers depend majorly on the type of brand you choose to buy. Unlike the lump charcoal, briquettes can’t reach high heat due to the extra chemicals and ingredients that are added to it during binding and production.
The lump charcoal will be the charcoal we recommend in this charcoal grill under 200 review because it is hotter and burns quicker with less ash.
Getting the maximum from cheap charcoal grill: useful tips
After getting the best charcoal grill for the money, here are some useful tips to help you get the best that your grill has to offer:
- Have a digital and meat thermometer to help keep the temperature of your grilling and food in check, to enable you to achieve the best results
- Carefully use tongs to place charcoals on hot coals during top-up. Don’t try to stir the coals. Placing them gently on each other will do the trick
- Season your new grill if it’s required in the instruction manual
- Ensure you have your grilling equipment in place to help make your grilling experience an easy and convenient one
Conclusion and Final Thoughts
One of the easiest and cheapest ways of having some good, delicious, and healthy meals is through a charcoal grill. The best charcoal grill under 100 or 200 is inexpensive and convenient to use for any outdoor cooking. Charcoal grills are equally safe to a large extent, as distinct from gas grills. And we hope that our review has adequately helped guide you in making the right choice when choosing the best charcoal grill under 200.
There are many cheap charcoal grills to choose from, but if we were to recommend a charcoal grill, then the Weber Kettle will be our top pick, because of its all-encompassing features and uniqueness — which makes it stand out from other grills.